Active Body, Calm Mind

Being a Yoga Instructor , I am normally pretty active on  a weekly basis, however coming up to the festive season I decided to take 2 weeks break to rejuvenate the mind and body, which is also important.

The first few days of my break I noticed my sleeping patterns still normal as the body and mind was winding down. But now in my second week I noticed that I am going to bed later and later and while lying  in bed I'm wide awake, thinking of my business, family and things I have to do around the house, I even try using my breath to meditate in hope to clam the mind down, I eventually drift off to sleep , but while laying there trying to sleep and thinking why I can't sleep, I noticed my pattern and when it changed.

It changed once my body was not as active which helps calm the mind down to a restorative state that can assist in sleep.

I'm looking forward to teaching again bringing balance back into my life.

Namaste